ALBERT PLACE, NEWCASTLE
134 STUDENT BEDROOMS
Construction of superstructure of multi-storey 134no. bed student accommodation and associated amenities.
- The works comprise of the demolition of an existing car sales and maintenance garage, grub up existing foundations and drainage.
- Install 122nr CFA piles, Pile caps and ground beams.
- The erection of a 180t structural steel frame with SFS internal skin and 130mm concrete floors pours on permanent shuttering.
- The building will comprise 2nr stair cores and 2nr passenger lifts.
Upon completion, the building will house 134nr student accommodation rooms and associated common areas.
- The building facade treatment is to be a mixture of brickwork, cladding and curtain walling / windows.
The scope of the construction works is believed to include the following elements:
- Site establishment
- Termination/diversion of existing services
- Installation of temporary services
- Strip-out and demolition of the existing Formula 1 car garage
- Recycling of non-hazardous demolition waste (on site if practicable)
- Removal and disposal off-site of existing made ground ( 3.5m of fill )
- Excavation of foundations
- Internal fit-out
- Connection of incoming services, including testing and commissioning
- Connect new drainage into existing main sewer – Section 106
- Attenuation tank
- Hard landscaping
The project is a turnkey operation, and as such upon completion each room will be fully furnished.
VIEW OUR PROJECTS
Every project we deliver is an opportunity for us to bring our unique thinking to solve problems, innovate and collaborate with our clients and beyond.